Airbnb isn’t just for vacationers anymore…but should you use Airbnb for your business travel? I found this great video from Lorna Li, who outlines the pros and cons – check it out!
According to the Airbnb website, their new business travel site caters to professionals seeking accommodations suited to their needs. Through a partnership with Concur, customers have the ability to book accommodations using their service TripLink. This provides a way to book directly on Airbnb while having their expense reports and itineraries automatically pre-populated in Concur.
Advantages of Airbnb for Business:
- It’s a great option if you want your accommodation to have more of a personal touch, rather than an impersonal hotel.
- Some of these listings are actually open for month-to-month rental.
- You will most likely have access to Internet while some hotels can be hit or miss.
- It’s great to look at all the details of what the Airbnb listing has, check out the profile, and look at the different photos.
- Since most listings are in a home-based environment, you will be able to have access to a desk, which will allow you to work for long periods of time.
- Relative security is another plus. Because you’re staying in a private home, there’s a lot less random traffic and travellers passing through.
Disadvantages of Airbnb for Business:
- The biggest disadvantage of Airbnb can be the cost. It’s really not the cheapest option in some locales.
As she suggests, you should certainly do your research before booking, and check to see what the prices are on Airbnb, and compare it to other agents in the location that you are visiting.
For more practical and evolutionary business advice for entrepreneurs, visit us at www.atlantique-aviation.com